- President :
Capt. (Retd.) Dhurinder Nangia
- Vice President :
Dr. Sharad Srivastava
- Secretary :
- Treasurer :
- Executive Member :
- Executive Member:
- Executive Member :
Dr. Rakesh Bhatia
The 3rd Annual Meet of the Alumni was a grand success. Read more about it......Ajay Sinha
Event: The 3rd Annual Re-Union Meet of the Kendriya Vidyalaya RK Puram Alumni Association
Date and Time: 19th December 2010 between 11 AM to 4 PM
Venue: Lawns of Aakash Officers’ Mess, Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg, Near India Gate, New Delhi.
Invitees: Shri V K Srivastava, Assistant Commissioner, KVS (Delhi Region), Mrs. Anubhuti Mehta, Principal, KV Sec 2 & Patron of Association, Association Members, Past Principals and Teachers, Old Students, Teachers and 11th & 12th class students of the school at Sector 2. Spouses and children of the participants were also invited.
Details of the Event: The Meet comprised of Registration of the participants and a formal function as detailed below:
1. Registration - All the participants were registered at the entrance of the venue. The registration process comprised of taking down the details of the participants, their contribution for lunch and handing over a name badge. Those participants wishing to take membership of the Association were also facilitated. The Registration desk was handled by 2006 pass-outs, namely, Sandeep Kapila, Kunal Thakur, Vikas Solanki, Neha Sen, Nikita Vij. Sameer Mathur of 1990 Batch was also there to assist. Overall supervision of the Registration Counter was in the hands of Rajneesh Gupta, 1987 Batch.
2. Live Band performance by the students of Class 11 and Class 12 of KV Sec 2 – Naveen, Vaibhav, Vansh, Rohit, Ashish (all Class 11 students) & Sudarshan of Class 12, KV Sec 2 entertained the guests with their rocking performance on Live Band, which was much appreciated by all the guests present there. The Association facilitated the budding ROCK STARS with the Association Cap and also presented them a cash award of Rs 1100/- as a token of appreciation.
3. Folk dance by 2010 pass-outs – After the Rocking performance of Live Band, the stage was set on fire by Sujata & Mousumi, both 2010 pass-outs, who presented the famous ‘Kaalbelia Dance’ and enthralled the guests with their scintillating performance. The guests appreciated their performance with a huge round of applause. The Association facilitated performers with the Association Cap and also presented them a cash award of Rs 1100/- as a token of appreciation.
4. Welcome Speech - Capt.(Retd.) D K Nangia, President of the Association extended a heartfelt welcome to Shri V K Srivastava, Asstt Commissioner, KV (Delhi Region) and all the participants. He requested participants to join and extend their support in the objectives of the association. He also stressed that the Association was not only about fun and gatherings but also had serious objectives.
5. Introduction to the Alumni Association - Sh. Praveen Sharma, Secretary of the Association detailed the history and the objectives of the Association and how the Association was formed. He thanked Principal and staff of the current school for agreeing to extend all cooperation. He also informed the gathering about the work done by the Alumni Association so far for the betterment of our Alma Mater and its students, be it in the form of construction of a ‘shade’ over the school canteen, counseling sessions to students, or judging the various Inter-School Competitions. He also outlined the future plans to assist the school in all possible ways. He also urged the students to have pride in their School Uniform. He urged the Ex- Students to take up the membership and participate in this movement by extending their help in whichever way possible. He also informed the gathering that association has its own dynamic web-site www.kvrkpalumni.org where all the latest updated of the associations are being posted regularly. Further, a separate group in the name of Kendriya Vidyalaya R K Puram Alumni Association (Regd.) has also been created on the Facebook, which is also being updated regularly by Mr. Rajneesh Gupta, Members’ Co-ordinator.
6. Address by Mrs. Anubhuti Mehta, Principal, KV RKP Sec-2 - She thanked the Association for taking up the cause of the school and promised all possible help from the school. She also appreciated the move of association to honour the outstanding and meritorious students of school with cash award and certificate of merit.
7. Address by the Chief Guest, Shri V K Srivastava, Assistant Commissioner, KVS (Delhi Region) – He appreciated the move of old students of KV RK Puram to form an Alumni Association with the objective to help the school and its students and also extended his whole hearted support for this cause. He also informed the guests that there is a need to form an Alumni Association consisting of KVites from all KVs of Delhi and promised to work in this direction.
8. Address by the Guest of Honour, the 1st Principal of the School Sh. J. N. Dayal - He thanked the association for inviting him and other old teachers and appreciated the work done by the association. He said that not many people come forward to undertake such unselfish work and wished them success in their endeavor. He also recounted his days in the school and his experiences in dealing with tough situations.
9. Release of Souvenir – Kendriya Vidyalaya R K Puram Alumni Association brought out its 1st Colorful Souvenir, which was released by Shri J N Dayal and Shri V K Srivastava. Both were assisted by Mrs. Anubhuti Mehta, Dr. Sharad Srivastava and Mr. Rajneesh Gupta. This Souvenir contains messages from Shri V K Srivastava, Mrs. Anubhuti Mehta, President & Secretary besides articles by ex-students, photographs of past events and advertisements of the sponsors.
10. Felicitation of Ex-teachers of KV RKP – Shri Pravin Kumar, Secretary informed the gathering that during one the meetings, Shri Sunil Sawhney, IRS and an active member of Association, mooted the idea to felicitated the ex-teachers of our school with a ‘Shawl’ as a mark of respect. Shri Pravin Kumar further told that teachers always gave without expecting anything and we are too small in front of them to give anything. Thereafter, Shri Pravin Kumar invited Shri Sunil Sawhney to present ‘Shawl’ to the 1st Principal of school, Shri J N Dayal. Afterwards, Shri V K Srivastava, Mrs. Anubhuti Mehta and other ex-teachers of school were felicitated with a ‘Shawl’ by members, Mr. Ashok Kakaria, Mrs. Nita Puri, Mrs. Pratima Gupta, Mrs. Anita Mathur, Mr Rajneesh Gupta, Mr. Neeraj Sharma and others.
11. Announcement & Distribution of Awards to Meritorious students - Shri Ajay Sinha informed the gathering that some of the ex-students of KV RKP have come forward to honour f the outstanding and meritorious students of the school and they have announced a cash reward of Rs 5000/- each. The association also decided to honor these children with a Certificate of Merit. The following awards were presented :
a. Smt. Kusum Sharma Memorial Award of Rs. 5000 sponsored by Mr. Neeraj Sharma (1983 Batch) to the Class 12 Topper in Science Stream (Medical) was given to Nilanshu Yaduvanshi.
b. Shri Krishna Kumar Memorial Award of Rs. 5000 sponsored by Mr. Pravin Kumar (1974 Batch) to the Class 12 Topper in Science Stream (Non Medical) was given to Hement Kaushal.
c. Shri S P Gupta Memorial Award of Rs. 5000 sponsored by Mr. Rajneesh Gupta (1987 Batch) to the Class 12 Topper in Commerce Stream was given to Dolly Gaur.
d. Shri Anil Jethmalani Award of Rs. 5000 sponsored by Mr. Anil Jethmalani (1973 Batch) to the Class 12 Topper in Humanities Stream was given to Jyoti Pant.
e. Smt. Geeta Bajaj Memorial Award of Rs 5000 sponsored by Mr. Gurdev Singh (1972 Batch) to the Best Girl of the School was given to Srishti Rawat.
f. Smt. Geeta Bajaj Memorial Award of Rs 5000 sponsored by Mr. Gurdev Singh (1972 Batch) to the Best Boy of the School was given to Md. Ismail Zabiulla.
Shri Pravin Kumar urged the Old Students to come forward and offer assistance in cash, kind or services to the School and its students.
12. Vote of Thanks - Sh. Ajay Sinha, Coordinator, Web-site proposed the vote of thanks. He thanked all the invitees, sponsors, organizers and Old Students who attended the Meet. He specially thanked the school management and staff for their support. He also thanked Wing Cdr. Manoj Mehra (1986 batch passout from KV Sec 2) for arranging the venue and facilitating the lunch.
13. Thereafter Lunch was served.
i. Shri M N Maharishi, a retired teacher took the mike to remember his days in school and thanked the Association for inviting him and other retired teachers of the school in this function. Later on, as a goodwill gesture, he presented a cheque of Rs. 1001/- as a Donation to the Association, which was appreciated by all present.
ii. Some current students of the school were also present in the Re-Union and they enjoyed thoroughly and vowed to take Alumni Association’s membership.
iii. Students of Class 11 & 12 entertained the guests with their live band performance.
iv. All the participants signed on a board, which has been preserved as a memorabilia.
v. The children accompanying the participants were the special guests at the event.
vi. The meet was attended by one of the oldest alumnus of 1969 batch, Dr. Ram Sunder Pal with whom youngest pass-outs of school i.e. 2010 pass-outs met and took the opportunity to have photographed with him.
vii. Batch-wise photographs was also taken during the event.
viii. Current School Students also seized the opportunity to be clicked with Shri V K Srivastava, AC and Mrs. Anubhuti Mehta, Principal
Four participants took up their memberships on the spot and deposited the fee. More have promised to register online shortly.
The meet was hugely successful with a participation of about 200 old students, 1st principal & the current principal, and 17 teachers. There was an atmosphere of verve and enthusiasm and everyone were appreciative of the efforts made by the association. There was a large interest in its activities and many committed to join the movement. The organizers felt thankful to see the enthusiasm of the participants and vowed to take this movement to new heights.